5/13/20 Dear Patient: We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable for our patients and our staff. We want to take a moment to explain to you about the infection control procedures we currently follow. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Washington Industrial Safety and Health Act (WISHA). We constantly monitor the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. In addition to our hospital grade infection control, here are some examples of things we are doing to keep you safe:
- Our staff will communicate with you beforehand to ask screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We will provide hand sanitizer that we’ll ask you to use upon entering the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- We will no longer be offering magazines, children’s toys and so forth in our waiting rooms, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients, which could mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients and to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reducing the number of patients in the reception area at any given time.
- We have upgraded our HVAC Filtration system and added Air Purification throughout the office.
Per our new protocols, we will be removing more aerosols from the mouth.
- We will screen patients and staff daily, as well as take temperatures.